Post Reply 
Basic error in numerical sorting of album names
12-01-2014, 18:58
Post: #18
RE: Basic error in numerical sorting of album names
(12-01-2014 16:09)DavidL Wrote:  Yes, omitting step 3 of your recipe. I then restarted MinimServer but the result was unchanged from the previous listing on my controller display, so evidently there is no album sort tag set in my iTunes library (I have certainly not knowingly edited the albums for this). I'm not yet prepared to go to step 4 of your process and change the album tags for hundreds of album names containing numbers greater than 9, where this is a differentiator. I'd prefer a blanket sorting solution as described above (personally I feel this should be the default with pure alphabetical character sorting as an option).

I don't know how you have coded MinimServer but the sorting performance should not be degraded significantly by the addition of a single logical instruction to catch numeric characters.

David

Step 4 involved adding a single item to a property, not changing hundreds of tags. I'm wondering if we are both looking at the same list of steps.

I'm not sure how you are getting a different sort order in iTunes from the alphabetical sort order that I am seeing. I am using iTunes on Windows. Could this make a difference?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: Basic error in numerical sorting of album names - simoncn - 12-01-2014 18:58

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)