Post Reply 
Basic error in numerical sorting of album names
12-01-2014, 18:05
Post: #17
RE: Basic error in numerical sorting of album names
(12-01-2014 16:09)DavidL Wrote:  I'd prefer a blanket sorting solution as described above (personally I feel this should be the default with pure alphabetical character sorting as an option).

Although I see the point of your request, I'd personally prefer the pure alphabetical sort order.
I don't like software which tries to be super-intelligent, because this will always be appropriate for just a part of the users. The other part will most likely be badly surprised by unexpected results. iTunes is the prototype of such a software.
Your proposed approach will always involve some kind of guessing the sort order. Improving this guessing would require complex algorithms and it is definitely not done with just a single logical instruction.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: Basic error in numerical sorting of album names - winxi - 12-01-2014 18:05

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)