Post Reply 
Basic error in numerical sorting of album names
12-01-2014, 16:09
Post: #14
RE: Basic error in numerical sorting of album names
(12-01-2014 15:24)simoncn Wrote:  Did you try doing what I suggested in my earlier post? Based on my iTunes experiment, it appears you have customized the sort order in iTunes, which should mean your files contain ALBUMSORT tags. If you follow the steps that I suggested, you should be able to achieve the same custom sort order with MinimServer.

Yes, omitting step 3 of your recipe. I then restarted MinimServer but the result was unchanged from the previous listing on my controller display, so evidently there is no album sort tag set in my iTunes library (I have certainly not knowingly edited the albums for this). I'm not yet prepared to go to step 4 of your process and change the album tags for hundreds of album names containing numbers greater than 9, where this is a differentiator. I'd prefer a blanket sorting solution as described above (personally I feel this should be the default with pure alphabetical character sorting as an option).

I don't know how you have coded MinimServer but the sorting performance should not be degraded significantly by the addition of a single logical instruction to catch numeric characters.

David

System: ALAC iTunes library on Synology DS923+ (running MinimServer) > NetGear router > Optical isolation > dCS Network Bridge (controlled by Galaxy Tab S2 tablet running BubbleUPnP&Mosaic) > PS Audio DirectStream DAC > Primare A60 > Harbeth SHL5plus 40th Anniversary model
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: Basic error in numerical sorting of album names - DavidL - 12-01-2014 16:09

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)