Post Reply 
Basic error in numerical sorting of album names
12-01-2014, 15:24
Post: #13
RE: Basic error in numerical sorting of album names
(12-01-2014 12:26)DavidL Wrote:  OK I can see the two points of view but it was my understanding that MinimServer was designed to cater well for libraries of classical music. I would strongly support the idea of adding an option for sorting albums to allow what you regard as 'unnatural' sorting via embedded numbers. I'm surprised that getting Mozart piano concertos, piano sonatas & symphonies, Haydn piano sonatas, string quartets & symphonies, Bach cantatas, Scarlatti sonatas etc etc to display in the correct order is regarded as 'unnatural'.

Did you try doing what I suggested in my earlier post? Based on my iTunes experiment, it appears you have customized the sort order in iTunes, which should mean your files contain ALBUMSORT tags. If you follow the steps that I suggested, you should be able to achieve the same custom sort order with MinimServer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: Basic error in numerical sorting of album names - simoncn - 12-01-2014 15:24

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)