Post Reply 
Let's brainstorm..Setting up MinimServer to feed a USB DAC
03-01-2014, 14:13
Post: #68
RE: Let's brainstorm..Setting up MinimServer to feed a USB DAC
Sorry, my previous post was quite confusing. Yes, that's exactly what I meant - MediaPlayer can play the link when it's initiated through Kinsky but not from BubbleDS.

I've described the problem to the BubbleDS developer and he's looking into it. He also suggested I try a different link, "http://streaming.radionz.co.nz/concert-mbr". This points to a file with the following contents:
[Reference]
Ref1=http://streaming.radionz.co.nz/concert-mbr?MSWMExt=.asf
Ref2=http://103.14.3.137:80/concert-mbr?MSWMExt=.asf

If I set the player to mpd in app.properties, I don't get an error when I try playing this radio station (with the new URL above) from BubbleDS but the stream stops very quickly. The log shows the status changing from Buffering to Playing to Stopped very quickly.

If I change the player to mplayer, it works but it takes forever to buffer the stream (over a minute). I need to figure out how to configure mplayer to reduce the buffering.

I need to experiment with mpd & mplayer from the command line to understand them better. (I haven't even figured out yet how to play using mpd from the command line.)

But I feel I am really close to getting it working.. Smile

Cheers,
Ciprian
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's brainstorm..Setting up MinimServer to feed a USB DAC - classical11 - 03-01-2014 14:13

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)