Post Reply 
special characters in file/directorynames
22-12-2013, 21:25
Post: #14
RE: special characters in file/directorynames
(22-12-2013 15:30)simoncn Wrote:  
(22-12-2013 14:37)angelus1969 Wrote:  As a VZ is pretty bare, I download the file on my laptop and usually I do the unpacking and so forth on that machine as well, to avoid having to install several tools on all the machines. I then transfer the stuff to the VZ with SCP and I think there things went wrong with the links.

Thanks for letting me know. This explains why MinimServer 0.8.1 wasn't working for you. Unpacking the archive on Windows destroys the links. Doesn't VX contain tar? If not, you will need to install it to be able to use MinimServer on VZ.

Hello,

Some misunderstanding here. My laptop doesn't run Windows (God forbid Wink ) but Linux and the trouble with the missing link apparently comes from copying it from one box to another with scp. Somehow this version (either server or client side, not sure yet) automatically 'follows symbolic links' so it copies the directory the link is referring too.

This VZ does have tar, but not gunzip as standard. So either pack it with just tar or use the zip function inside tar, so making it a tgz file. Or of course I can install gunzip within the VZ container.. Smile


---
Regards, Angelo
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: special characters in file/directorynames - angelus1969 - 22-12-2013 21:25

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)