Post Reply 
special characters in file/directorynames
22-12-2013, 14:37
Post: #12
RE: special characters in file/directorynames
(18-12-2013 08:52)simoncn Wrote:  
(18-12-2013 05:57)angelus1969 Wrote:  I did as you asked, but when I start the script from the ~/minimserver/bin directory it still states the same error. But that is to be expected, because the new script is in ~/minimserver/minimserver-0.8.1/bin directory....... Why are there 2 bin directories? I first thought one was links to the other, but that is not the case!

In the .tar.gz archive, minimserver/bin is a symbolic link to the minimserver/minimserver-0.8.1/bin directory. When I unpack the archve on my Linux system, this linkage is preserved correctly and I get the following:

Code:
nash@debian:/sd1/minimtest4$ ls -l minimserver
total 16
lrwxrwxrwx 1 nash nash   21 Dec 15 21:18 bin -> minimserver-0.8.1/bin
drwxr-xr-x 2 nash nash 4096 Dec 15 21:18 data
lrwxrwxrwx 1 nash nash   23 Dec 15 21:18 icons -> minimserver-0.8.1/icons
lrwxrwxrwx 1 nash nash   21 Dec 15 21:18 lib -> minimserver-0.8.1/lib
drwxr-xr-x 2 nash nash 4096 Dec 15 21:18 libext
drwxr-xr-x 2 nash nash 4096 Dec 15 21:18 libsys
drwxr-xr-x 5 nash nash 4096 Dec 15 21:18 minimserver-0.8.1

What output do you get from 'ls -l minimserver'? Can you think of any reason why the symbolic links would not be preserved correctly when you unpack the archive on VZ?

As a VZ is pretty bare, I download the file on my laptop and usually I do the unpacking and so forth on that machine as well, to avoid having to install several tools on all the machines. I then transfer the stuff to the VZ with SCP and I think there things went wrong with the links.


---
Regards, Angelo
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: special characters in file/directorynames - angelus1969 - 22-12-2013 14:37

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)