Post Reply 
Security Enhanced (SE) Linux on Fedora & RedHat : issue and my resolution
26-10-2025, 18:01 (This post was last modified: 26-10-2025 19:57 by filip.)
Post: #3
RE: Security Enhanced (SE) Linux on Fedora & RedHat : issue and my resolution
(26-10-2025 16:18)simoncn Wrote:  I spent some time a while back looking into this and my conclusion was that the only practical solution is to disable SELinux as you have done.

From your post it sounds like SELinux is enabled by default on Fedora 42. Is this correct? If so, I will add a note to the install guide about this.

I am pleased to hear that using MinimStreamer to transcode FLAC files (to WAV, I presume) has improved sound quality for you. This has been my experience and that of a number of other MinimServer users.

That's right, SELinux is enforced by default on Fedora 42 workstation edition.

Edit: in addition, it's a good idea on Fedora to have codecs properly installed, I guess minimserver relies on ffmpeg at some point? https://rpmfusion.org/Howto/Multimedia
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: Security Enhanced (SE) Linux on Fedora & RedHat : issue and my resolution - filip - 26-10-2025 18:01

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)