Post Reply 
New Install-cannot see minimserver on control points
10-10-2013, 19:03
Post: #2
RE: New Install-cannot see minimserver on control points
(10-10-2013 17:52)hessec Wrote:  Hi All,

Just downloaded the Minim Server for Windows 64bit. It appears to be running (green light) on my computer but i cannot locate the minimserver on my plug player app, elyric app or the Lumin App. I tried deleting and reloading the 32 bit. No dice.

system is as follows:

-some kind of dell desktop running Windows media server 2011-it is 64 bit machine
-external Western Digital Raid Drive connected via usb
- hardwired into Apple Airport extreme
-hardwired from Airport Extreme to the Lumin player.

I am also running Asset upnup on this computer. It is used only for streaming music and resides in the basement.

I have been using the DBPOWERAMP software (Asset UPnUP) and the Plug Player app to control a Boulder 1021 for the better part of 6 months without issue.

Just got the Lumin and wanted to stream using their recommended software. I can run the Lumin with the Plug Player/Asset UpnUP combo without issue. I just cannot play any DSD files I have with this combo.

My first thought after reading instructions was firewall settings. I took it off completely and I still cannot see the MinimServer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Chris

As a first step, please install Linn Kinsky for Windows on the PC that is running MinimServer and check whether it can see MinimServer. If this is OK, there is probably some kind of network issue with wireless connectivity to the iPad running PlugPlayer / eLyric / the LUMIN app.

It's possible that the Airport Extreme is blocking the default port used by MinimServer for UPnP network communications. You can change this port by setting the ohnet.subnet property in the MinimServer advanced properties. I suggest you try setting this property to a value of 9791 and restarting MinimServer to see if this improves things.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: New Install-cannot see minimserver on control points - simoncn - 10-10-2013 19:03

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)