|
Feature request: clear cache on next restart
|
|
06-10-2013, 23:31
Post: #33
|
|||
|
|||
RE: Feature request: clear cache on next restart
(06-10-2013 22:20)winxi Wrote: In fact, all local and remote instances behave in the same way. One has to specify the file paths for these settings considering the machine the instance is running on. I take your point but I shouldn't have referred to 'instances'. What I really meant was that these two apps running on my Windows PC (MinimWatch and MinimServer) do not behave in a similar manner with regard to default file paths. That is not something that all users will intuitively understand without some guidance. Quote:I think you have to exit/restart MinimWatch to make the new displayName visible in the tool tip. That did indeed sort the problem. Thanks for that information. I had only been doing a Restart on MinimWatch, as that's all that MinimServer requires - another example of what I view as different behaviour of these two apps ... I think we will just have to agree to disagree on the nature of MinimWatch! You view it as an extension of MinimServer and are relaxed about the lack of any obvious distinctions between the apps, while I view MinimWatch as simply a remote control app that one should expect would act differently from a local installation of MinimServer (as it does) and thus deserves a more distinctive appearance. Both views probably have equal validity but I'm not really expecting Simon to make any changes ![]() David |
|||
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Search
Member List
Calendar
Help




