Post Reply 
Configuration
17-08-2024, 14:03 (This post was last modified: 17-08-2024 14:39 by PAR.)
Post: #3
RE: Configuration
(16-08-2024 21:08)simoncn Wrote:  If you click Configure in MinimWatch for a new MinimServer installation, you should see the following web pages in this order:

1) A "MinimServer License terms" page. To move to the next page, select "I accept" and click the Confirm button.

2) The MinimServer 2.2 welcome page. To move to the next page, click the OK button. If you don't want to see this page again, select "Don't show this page again" before clicking OK.

3) The MinimServer configuration home page. This page has 5 tabs: Status, License, Properties, Profiles and MinimStreamer. The Status tab is selected initially. If you have a full license, select the License tab and follow the prompts to activate your license on this device (your Melco N5). From your post, it sounds like you have already done this.

4) To set up your MinimServer configuration property settings, select the Properties tab. Under this tab there are three subtabs named Server, Advanced and System. Make any changes to the default property settings shown on these subtabs and click Save and Restart as needed.

5) If you want to use the optional MinimStreamer extension, select the MinimStreamer tab and click the Install button, then click OK from the pop-up. MinimStreamer will be installed and MinimServer will relaunch and take you to the About subtab of the MinimStreamer tab. To configure MinimStreamer, select the Properties subtab of the MinimStreamer tab and enter your MinimStreamer configuration property settings. If you don't want to use MinimStreamer at present, omit this step.


Thanks Simon. I am not seeing any of the above.

My MinimWatch is 2.2 and was installed ( for my old Melco) in 2023. Although I can see an active "green" MinimWatch icon in my Win10 task bar i I open it I am not seeing any acceptance dialogue and if I select "Configure" I am not taken to the configuration page but to a Welcome Page.

Output from MinimServer is viewed via dCS Mosaic ( which simply reflects MinimServer ). Although Mosaic confirms that MinimServer is available, when selected I only see album Tiles as a single list A-Z. No default browsing options are offered ( they were with the old Melco) such as Composer, Artist, Genre, Date etc.

I added two configuration options to the old installation using coding (as it was done in the day). These were to make navigation of browsing categories selectable by single alpha character tranche instead of a huge list A-Z . I added display of track numbers. Unsurprisingly these configurations are no more.

I did not install MinimServver to Melco N5 myself as I have limited vision but I believe my existing licence details were added though I cannot check for the above reasons.

Help!

I have just realised that I can see the basic search criteria ( composer, artrst, genre etc.) It is just the rest remains an issue. Licence renewal notice just arrived too Wink.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
Configuration - PAR - 16-08-2024, 20:20
RE: Configuration - simoncn - 16-08-2024, 21:08
RE: Configuration - PAR - 17-08-2024 14:03
RE: Configuration - simoncn - 17-08-2024, 15:12
RE: Configuration - PAR - 18-08-2024, 16:31
RE: Configuration - PAR - 24-08-2024, 19:02
RE: Configuration - simoncn - 18-08-2024, 17:03
RE: Configuration - PAR - 20-08-2024, 09:41
RE: Configuration - stefano_mbp - 20-08-2024, 10:31
RE: Configuration - PAR - 20-08-2024, 11:03
RE: Configuration - stefano_mbp - 20-08-2024, 11:14
RE: Configuration - simoncn - 20-08-2024, 12:12
RE: Configuration - simoncn - 24-08-2024, 20:12
RE: Configuration - PAR - 25-08-2024, 11:57
RE: Configuration - simoncn - 25-08-2024, 18:59

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)