Post Reply 
Feature request: clear cache on next restart
01-10-2013, 12:38
Post: #8
RE: Feature request: clear cache on next restart
(30-09-2013 23:04)simoncn Wrote:  
(30-09-2013 22:25)winxi Wrote:  With the current version of the Synology package, the cache file(s) are deleted in any case when MinimServer is uninstalled. However, the user can choose whether or not to keep the configuration file when uninstalling. So, if one wants just to delete the cache file(s), he/she can uninstall MinimServer with the option to keep the configuration file and then reinstall MinimServer again.

I'm not sure how this is handled on other platforms. Maybe this approach could also be an option for these.

I think this approach is ideal, but it's difficult to implement it on some platforms such as QNAP (no ability to interact with the uninstaller) and Mac (no uninstaller).
Isn't it a bit radical, to need to uninstall software [just] to clear some settings?
I only know MinimServer on QNap, so this might be a non-starter because it wouldn't be cross-platform, but here goes! On QNap, I can <Enable> or <Disable> MinimServer; these functions are used vvv rarely, so perhaps it wouldn't be wildly unreasonable for <Enable> to clear existing cached data - I'm assuming (yes yes I know the phrase) that clicking on <Enable> initiates a different execution path from the path entered on restarting the NAS.

N
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: Feature request: clear cache on next restart - NickP - 01-10-2013 12:38

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)