Post Reply 
tagformat - Once again
27-05-2024, 22:06
Post: #1
tagformat - Once again
Hi Simon,
once again I am experimenting with the tagformat function in minimS
An once again I am encountering limitiations that I don't fully understand.
Obviously there are limititions in which tags can be manipulated by

tag.indexFormat and tag.displayformat

I was searchin for a list which tags can be used and maybe where I could find reasons for the existing limitations.

For custom tags .displayformat failed and therefore my guess is that there are no
controlpoints discerning between these values of custom tags.

the log says:
MinimServer: incorrect tag 'ORIGINAL_ALBUM' for option 'displayFormat' in property 'tagFormat'

For exisiting custom tags .indexformat failed too:
for
ORIGINAL_ALBUM.indexFormat={$ORIGINAL_YEAR^[^] $ORIGINAL_ALBUM^ ^}
tho log says
MinimServer: incorrect tag 'ORIGINAL_ALBUM' for option 'indexFormat' in property 'tagFormat'

but when applying the same instrucions to complete new tag
ORIGINAL.indexFormat={$ORIGINAL_YEAR^[^] $ORIGINAL_ALBUM^ ^}
.indexFormat works

I don't understand why this is so, but my example is already the solution for what I am trying to do.

But the following seems a real limitaiton to me:

ALBUM.indexFormat doesn't work.
As i tried ALBUM.displayFormat I realized, the in the Album list
of the Controlpoint the manipulations were visible, so I
fear that there actually is no spearate ALBUM.indexFormat
and the Album list is using the ALBUM.displayFormat
This is actually a pity because I tried to add
the #AudioData to the list view of Albums but
I don't want this Information in the Playing now View of the controlpoint.
But I guess there is no way - this could be done.

So i tried to circumvent this by adding a Custom IndexTag ALBUMM
ALBUMM.indexFormat={$ALBUM^^ $Date^ (^) $#AudioData^ <^>}
but this solution has 2 limitations:

1. You'll have to use listViewAlbums=1 or otherwise
you will end up in the standard Albumview without seeing the additional Information
- so this sometimes will afford a click more than really needed

2. and even worse
when you select an ALBUMM you won#t see a list view of titles
as you would see it if you choose the corresponding ALBUM entry,
but you will come up with a single entry for the actual Album
that you have to click once more to get a titlelist view

So here are my actual questions:

Is there a possibility to circumvent the ALBUM.indexFormat limitation
that I didn't see ?

And if not

Is there a possibility to force a titlelistview if there is only 1 Album left to select
for any index selection. (like if you were selcting an ALBUM directly)

THX for your patience with a naughty User
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
tagformat - Once again - Oliviander - 27-05-2024 22:06
RE: tagformat - Once again - simoncn - 28-05-2024, 08:26
RE: tagformat - Once again - simbun - 07-06-2024, 11:02
RE: tagformat - Once again - simoncn - 08-06-2024, 14:56

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)