Post Reply 
Streamlining the browsing tree & multiple configs
22-09-2013, 12:54
Post: #51
RE: Streamlining the browsing tree & multiple configs
(22-09-2013 09:12)simoncn Wrote:  This wouldn't help if you use WorkOrTrackTitle:Group in aliasTags, because you would get the same problem as you're seeing now. You would need to put Work:Group in aliasTags and put WorkOrTrackTitle in indexTags. This is similar to my own approach of using Composition for what you are calling WorkOrTrackTitle.

I must be getting more familiar with this stuff because I had already intuitively realised that I would have to leave my aliasTags setting unchanged and just add WorkOrTrackTitle to indexTags (though I've not tried it, as my music files don't currently contain that proposed new tag).

If you use a 'Composition' tag, does that mean your Composer, Composition and Track tags contain (as my equivalents do) only the indicated information, with no duplication?

For example:
Composer = Beethoven
Composition = Symphony No 9 in D minor, "Choral", Op 125
Track = II. Molto vivace - Presto - Molto vivace - Presto

Quote:A simpler solution would be to use Kinsky or BubbleUPnP/BubbleDS as a control point instead of foobar2000. Kinsky runs on various platforms including Windows, and BubblePnP/BubbleDS run on Android only. This would require you have a UPnP renderer, which could be either be a separate piece of hardware or some software running on your Windows PC. Is this a possibility?

I have only ever used Foobar for rapidly checking the effects of changes to the MinimServer configuration. I have no plans to use it for any other purpose. JRMC can act as a renderer on my PC and my Oppo BDP-105 is also a renderer. Unfortunately, the Oppo cannot currently provide gapless playback via DLNA, though Oppo has told me that this is likely to change with a future firmware update (when it does, I will have a cheaper alternative to Linn and Naim streamers).

My choice of control point is not yet decided. I have installed Kinsky on my PC and it is able to display MinimServer's browsing tree but I can't see where to select the renderer (the Oppo has not appeared anywhere obvious even after doing a network rescan in Kinsky).

BubbleUPnP on my Android phone works but suffers from a limited information display on the playing now screen, i.e. no composer name or work title. All I get are a non-scrolling track title and artist list, i.e. a pop-oriented display.

David
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: Streamlining the browsing tree & multiple configs - haggis999 - 22-09-2013 12:54

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)