Post Reply 
Restriction of BBC Radio HLS/DASH to authorised third parties
27-10-2023, 10:31 (This post was last modified: 27-10-2023 10:33 by FakePlasticDunk.)
Post: #79
RE: Restriction of BBC Radio HLS/DASH to authorised third parties
I suffer from chronic headaches. Often I need to avoid looking at screens, e.g. mobiles, computers, TV's, for long periods of time. The setup I have, and which otherwise works just fine, allows me to select and switch radio stations with the push of a screenless remote control button. Minimserver allowed me to keep that going even when the change of streaming format would otherwise have rendered it unworkable. With the route the BBC have taken, I don't see how I can do this any more. Even if I could afford a new streaming device (my income has been drastically cut since I bought my current kit, and just in case they forgot, there's a COST OF LIVING CRISIS), all new streamers I've seen rely on smartphone apps for control. Even the ones that have front panel controls also seem have a screen as intense and complex as that of a smartphone. The result is just going to be that I won't be listening to BBC stations as much, particularly when I'm beyond a certain pain threshold, which is a great pity, as BBC radio has often been a comfort at such times.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: Restriction of BBC Radio HLS/DASH to authorised third parties - FakePlasticDunk - 27-10-2023 10:31

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)