Post Reply 
Streamlining the browsing tree & multiple configs
20-09-2013, 17:27 (This post was last modified: 20-09-2013 17:32 by haggis999.)
Post: #23
RE: Streamlining the browsing tree & multiple configs
(20-09-2013 16:03)Dieter Stockert Wrote:  Hi David,

I like your approach for classical music, and for most parts it's the same way I'm doing it for myself. But I wonder how you are dealing with multi-movement works. For me the best solution was to use track names to specify the movement and use the album track to specify the work (and albumartist to specify the album). I am not really happy with that kind of 'tag abuse', but I didn't find a better way.

Hi Dieter,
I have found what I think is a better way. You just need to define a custom tag called 'Work'. That way, you can still use the Album and Album Artist tags for their intended purpose.

If you use dBpoweramp CD Ripper to rip your CDs you will find that you can't enter a value for Work. I get round this by putting the work name in the Comment tag. This is only a temporary measure, as I copy the Comment tag into the custom Work tag I have created in J River Media Center.

If you use JRMC to save its library tags back into the FLAC files then Work can be read by most other metadata software, including MinimServer.

David
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: Streamlining the browsing tree & multiple configs - haggis999 - 20-09-2013 17:27

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)