Post Reply 
Searching Melco with dCS Mosaic
24-07-2023, 08:24
Post: #7
RE: Searching Melco with dCS Mosaic
(24-07-2023 08:07)simoncn Wrote:  If you are not concerned about false positives, you can type Crosby to find all your Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young albums and you can type Sigur to find all your Sigur Rós albums.

Thanks. I was aware of that and of course with complex band names like Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young (and yes it needs to be typed that accurately) to find that band’s albums is you type more than just ‘Crosby’, I have learned to do that. The Sigur Ros example for me however highlights how the UI is simply not working well for how real humans search for things. I was totally baffled for a bit as to why it found nothing when I typed Sigur Ros. I even had to go and look at the files on my computer to check I wasn’t losing my mind about the music I thought I had stored. Given I’m not highly technical (like most people I might add) I think it’s expected now that a search engine is more sophisticated in its capabilities than I now realise MinimServer is and that is out of step with the way most people look for digital music to play.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: Searching Melco with dCS Mosaic - nickghough@gmail.com - 24-07-2023 08:24

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)