Post Reply 
Streamlining the browsing tree & multiple configs
18-09-2013, 20:34
Post: #12
RE: Streamlining the browsing tree & multiple configs
(18-09-2013 19:46)simoncn Wrote:  You should not be editing the minimserver.config file directly. There is a GUI and a command-line interface in both MinimServer and MinimWatch for making configuration property changes. If you use this interface (as described in the User guide), you won't need to use (and shouldn't use) any backslashes. Any posts I have made describing property settings would have assumed the use of this interface and would therefore not have included any backslashes.

To avoid any confusion in future, please post property values copied from the MinimServer or MinimWatch dialogs, not copied from the minimserver.config file.

You have misunderstood my reference to the config file. I have never edited this file directly and have always used your two properties dialogue boxes. All I did with the config file was to save a copy after a reinstall so that I could see the default values, some of which I then copied into my OP in this thread.

The fact remains that using the backslash in my Group\:Work indexTags entry via the Properties box has produced a different and apparently better result. Is there some less obvious reason why this solution should be avoided?

David
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: Streamlining the browsing tree & multiple configs - haggis999 - 18-09-2013 20:34

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)