Post Reply 
Windows 11 Security prevents downloading MinimWatch 2.2
22-12-2022, 15:28 (This post was last modified: 22-12-2022 15:28 by Maarten1970.)
Post: #6
RE: Windows 11 Security prevents downloading MinimWatch 2.2
(22-12-2022 15:23)Maarten1970 Wrote:  It was not thinking it was stil on version 2.1.2, it was still on version 2.1.2. However displaying version 2.2.

Have overruled Windows Security and now have successfully updated MinimWatch to version 2.2.

Thanks, Simon!

(22-12-2022 14:19)simoncn Wrote:  The MinimWatch 2.2 download does not contain a virus. Windows always produces these "false positive" warnings when there is a new release. See this thread for a previous discussion on the same issue.

I cannot prevent these incorrect messages from Windows. I will report this issue to Microsoft and it should get resolved sooner or later.

There does seem to be a problem with the update install of MinimWatch 2.2 (but not MinimServer 2.2) thinking it is still on version 2.1.2. Thanks for letting me know about this. I am looking into it and I will post back here as soon as I have more news.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: Windows 11 Security prevents downloading MinimWatch 2.2 - Maarten1970 - 22-12-2022 15:28

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)