Post Reply 
Re-tagged items appearing in Recently Added
18-12-2022, 10:51 (This post was last modified: 18-12-2022 11:12 by paulM.)
Post: #60
RE: Re-tagged items appearing in Recently Added
(17-12-2022 22:00)simoncn Wrote:  I tried the "fake path" trick and it does work.

My reference to a "new property setting" was about something that might possibly be added to MinimServer in the future, not something that is available now. Also, it would do exactly the same as the "fake path" trick which hasn't solved your issue.

If you have deleted the added-dates.txt files, your "recently added" information is lost and cannot be retrieved. This is why the User guide page describing this feature tells you that the added-dates.txt file contains essential information and should be backed up regularly.

You could try to recreate the added-dates.txt file based on your knowledge of when you added files to your library. This would be tedious and error-prone.

Another option is to use the "fake path" trick to eliminate all your batch edited files from the "recently added" list. For example, if the batch editing was done on 2022-10-02, setting the "fake path" to 2022-10-01 would ensure the batch edited files don't appear in your "recently added" list. MinimServer would then go back before 2022-10-01 and show files based on their "last modified" dates. This might not be exactly correct but it should be fairly close.

Thanks for this Simon. Following your advice, I tried an alternative fake path and second time around, the trick worked. I'm not sure why the original attempt failed as it was an equally valid path, so I must have made an error first time.

As noted, the recreation was not perfect - but the only imperfection was a single file that I remember editing a few months back as it had a spelling mistake in it. Additionally, the list is limited to 300 items rather than the 1000 that it previously had, but I am very pleased to have at least partially restored it. Thanks again.

Edit:- Scratch that last comment. At some point during my flailings, I appear to have messed up the serverOptions setting. The list is back to 1000 items.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: Re-tagged items appearing in Recently Added - paulM - 18-12-2022 10:51

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)