Post Reply 
? in mp3 file name for playlists doesn't work
12-10-2022, 20:01
Post: #11
RE: ? in mp3 file name for playlists doesn't work
Sorry for the confusing responses. It's a little hard to test at times, I added more playlists, and the file with the manually added '?' ultimately showed up with an error. Maybe rescan hadn't caught it previously. But it does seem that manually added ? does trigger it.

I just made a test playlist with 60 random tracks from my library that playback fine, but when added to a playlist, it seems like they all trigger an error. They were collected from all kinds of places over years.

Looking at the playlist file, the paths are accurate, but directories with a ? in the title return:
Code:
unknown folder for ../Anasisana/Where Am I Standing?/
files with ? return
Code:
no matching file for..../Anenzephalia/Fragments Of Demise/08 What Are They For?.mp3

All the paths are good if I cd from the playlists' directory. I can play through all the songs in a client, so the files are good. If I remove the ? it seems to resolve it.

[img]https://imgur.com/Swn4xsR.png[/png]
The playlist is here: Questions Playlist

I can make a smaller test and send over files as well, if that's helpful?


The forward slash (/) is not a valid filename character. If the ripper is trying to name the folder for the band SS/S using a folder name SS/S, the result will be a folder named SS with a subfolder S. It sounds like either your ripper or your playlist creator has some bugs with how it handles some special characters.


The playlist creator seemed aware that / is not valid and made the directory an underscore rather than a /, that should be ok? But it seems to cause a problem also.

(12-10-2022 18:14)simoncn Wrote:  The forward slash (/) is not a valid filename character. If the ripper is trying to name the folder for the band SS/S using a folder name SS/S, the result will be a folder named SS with a subfolder S. It sounds like either your ripper or your playlist creator has some bugs with how it handles some special characters.

In post #6 you said:

Weirdly though, if I just add a ? to another random file, and add it to a playlist, it doesn't happen. So it does seem to be mostly limited to these specific ones. I can playback the files back normally through minim otherwise, they show up in the correct album and display perfectly.

In post #8 you said:

I just tried a test of taking an mp3 file, adding a ? to the name via OSX finder, adding it to my library and a playlist, and seeing it fail. So it does seem reproducible to some degree.

From these two statements, I'm not clear whether this is working or failing with ? characters that you add manually to a filename without them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: ? in mp3 file name for playlists doesn't work - jmpz - 12-10-2022 20:01

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)