Post Reply 
Multiple instances on Synology NAS
13-09-2022, 23:04 (This post was last modified: 13-09-2022 23:12 by gbrist.)
Post: #15
RE: Multiple instances on Synology NAS
(13-09-2022 19:58)simbun Wrote:  
(13-09-2022 17:52)simoncn Wrote:  I don't recommend making a change to ohnet.port without first viewing the current values of ohnet.port and http.port. Specifically, if http.port is currently set to 9792, you should not also set ohnet.port to 9792.
I was only showing how to implement the change you proposed in Post 8 :-)
MinimWatch doesn't complain about setting both options to the same port (it also seems to work at least in the short term), so maybe this should be prevented.


(13-09-2022 17:52)simoncn Wrote:  It is possible that the problem that is preventing the Docker instance of MinimServer being seen by your renderers might also prevent MinimWatch from showing the MinimServer configuration for the Docker instance.
This is primarily why I gave the mscript option, but another reason is some people don't want to install Java on their PC just to configure MinimServer, I install them in a sandbox but I appreciate most people don't have/want that option.

While I do appreciate your help with this I am not that familiar with this command level programming.
The installation of Minimwatch and Minimserver on the PC is not that staright forward (unless I am missing something).
Remember this is the starter version of Minimserver that I am using.
I started along this path just asking the question as to whether the full licensed version of Minimserver allow for multiple instances as did Asset before I decided to purchase it?
I was hoping Minimserver was as easy to navigate as Asset.
Is the full licensed version easier to navigate / configure than the starter?
The starter is easy to setup as there is only a very few configurable changes that I can see.
I cannot make head or tail of Minimwatch or Minimserver as far as the Windows version is concerned.
My NAS just is simply there for playing my ripped music files and storing photos.
The NAS is a relatively plain config.
What I can't understand is why the starter Minimserver works fine but the Docker version has issues but that could be down to the ideosyncrasies of the Docker. ?
This is the first time I've tried anything in Docker.
I would find it amazing if I am the only person to have tried the Docker instance of Minimserver so was expecting that maybe others had come across this issue.
Remember I can use Asset (both instances) and Minimserver with either Foobar2000, mconnect Player HD, HifiCast DLNA, Neutron, BubbleUPnP with no problems.
For me Minimserver does one thing better than Asset (for my usage anyway) which I want to use it and hence my quest to try and get a second instance going whether it be the starter or licensed.
Thanks for helping.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: Multiple instances on Synology NAS - gbrist - 13-09-2022 23:04

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)