|
transcoding help for Raspberry Pi 4?
|
|
07-09-2022, 11:57
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2022 16:57 by dvdr.)
Post: #1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Hello
after reading several posts and the user guide, I still do not fully understand the transcoding options - sorry, if I missed important info... I have not yet installed MinimServer2, since maybe, my goal can't be achieved - I kindly ask for your help to figurethings out. My music should run off a Raspberry Pi 4 with 4 GB RAM. It consists of a wide variety: mostly .flac, some .mp3 and .wav, a greater number of .dsf, some .aiff. Source quality: ripped CDs in 44.1/16, HiRes downloads ranging from 44.1/24 to 192/24, DSD 64/128 The goal: I would like to transcode every file to 176.4/24 or 192/24 wav, depending on the original sampling frequency (44.1/88.2 -> 176.4, 48/96 -> 192, 176.4/192 untouched, but all files transcoded to 24bit). As far as I understood, there is no need to install additional software for .flac-files, but for everything else, there is special transcoding software like ffmpeg needed, right? I wonder, whether the RPi4 is able to handle that, and if so: what do I need, are there installation-guides for additional transcoding software? Also: as far as I understood, I will have to write a pretty extensive set of transcoding instructions for every file type, right - could you give me an example, please? Thansk for helping in the matter! |
|||
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
| Messages In This Thread |
|
transcoding help for Raspberry Pi 4? - dvdr - 07-09-2022 11:57
RE: transcoding help for Raspberry Pi 4? - simoncn - 07-09-2022, 17:58
RE: transcoding help for Raspberry Pi 4? - dvdr - 07-09-2022, 21:31
RE: transcoding help for Raspberry Pi 4? - dvdr - 10-09-2022, 19:14
RE: transcoding help for Raspberry Pi 4? - dvdr - 15-02-2023, 03:59
RE: transcoding help for Raspberry Pi 4? - simoncn - 10-09-2022, 22:06
RE: transcoding help for Raspberry Pi 4? - simoncn - 15-02-2023, 09:10
RE: transcoding help for Raspberry Pi 4? - dvdr - 15-02-2023, 09:31
|
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Search
Member List
Calendar
Help



