Post Reply 
Computing Dynamic range on a Synology
02-08-2022, 12:33 (This post was last modified: 02-08-2022 12:40 by lyapounov.)
Post: #6
RE: Computing Dynamic range on a Synology
(02-08-2022 08:35)stefano_mbp Wrote:  Configuring the JRiver Library Auto Import options it will compute automatically DR, ReplayGain and other parameters as you can find here
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Analyze_Audio

Hi Stefano

Thx for this. Here is the status:

- I was able to install Docker (easy)

- then to download jriver29 (easy though there are so many builds; I chose shiomax-jrivermc29) and create a container

- then to connect to my test music files (very difficult because of rights. I had to export the docker configuration, then find USER_ID and GROUP_ID of the user who has rw rights on the music folder, then change the configuration files with this new values then create a new container. That was the trickiest part, because at first I didn't get why jriver would not import my files)

- then of course I ticked the analyse audio option

Result: jriver did write both the DR and the DR128 plus other stuff like Replay Gain or waveform (?) in the file tags (though, as usual, it is not in the same tag between DSD and Flac...)

That is good news and bad news. Good news because I got what I want (though the file size diminished between before and after JRiver wrote those tags; which makes me nervous) and bad news because my synology is sync with another remote synology which I use as backup; and I know that it is going to take 4 months minimum to resynchronize all files (7.5T at half MB/sec).

Of course, there was an easy work around, which is to do the same thing on the remote Synology before sync, so no download. However, remote is a DS415play which does not have Docker; and refuses to upload Docker manually (I guess DSM7 blocks).

What I need to investigate is: jriver has an option which is to not write tags to the file but to write them in a separate file. I have not found this option.

Thx for your help anyway !
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: Computing Dynamic range on a Synology - lyapounov - 02-08-2022 12:33

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)