Post Reply 
One server - two watchers
20-05-2022, 18:32
Post: #5
RE: One server - two watchers
Simon

The last time I can remember needing to do anything with the Licence setup was with the Docker installation which, as I mentioned before, I redeployed by accident. That would have been around the 1st of May. I had forgotten to set the restart option to 'Start Unless Stopped' and I should simply have made the change and restarted the container but I redeployed it by mistake. Due to this I needed to add (to slot 2) the Full License I have in order to use this newly deployed container.

I have only ever used the official minimworld/minimserver 2.1 Docker image to create my containers. All my servers run Debian 10 or 11 and I don't have any Oracle servers that I am aware of unless another Docker container makes use of it. As noted earlier my new laptop is based on MX Linux which I believe is also Debian based. I have also checked all my Docker installations and as far as I can tell I only have one MinimServer container.

I am afraid I can't recall what I might have been doing on May 8th but after the accidental redeployment above I haven't had any need to make any changes to my Docker MinimServer installation which has been working OK as far as I am aware.

It was only after I installed MinimWatch on my new laptop last night that I discovered the Oracle based Starter license in Slot 3 as MinimWatch was telling me it wasn't licensed to run the web radio streams I use. I did apply my full license to Slot 3 last night in order to get MinimWatch working, thus changing its status from Starter to Full. As I mentioned earlier, once I got MinimWatch fully working, apparently using the license in Slot 3, it appears to show me the Properties details of the original Docker installation (in Slot 2) eg library paths etc which then caused me to raise this support ticket however I don't use many non-default properties to run my MinimServer.

If there are any log files I can provide which might help solve this problem please let me know. Likewise if there is any debugging work to be done I can try this too.

Chris
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
One server - two watchers - ceejayemm - 19-05-2022, 21:54
RE: One server - two watchers - ceejayemm - 20-05-2022 18:32

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)