Post Reply 
problems with Artist.displayFormat
03-03-2022, 20:21
Post: #27
RE: problems with Artist.displayFormat
Ok, back again ...

As I wrote above in this thread I have installed the old 0.8.5.3 on my other Synology NAS, copy the configuration from 2.1 to this one (manually using the properties-GUIs of both versions, start it and the scan finished now.

I open again VLC and search for the new server, open the same album and the same track and as I expected:

[Image: minim09.jpg]

Now I changed the configuration of the 2.1 version and delete the complete "Artist.displayFormat" entry and restart the server ...

... and it shows the value of $composer as artist in VLC ... ???

Then I add the entry again, but only as "Artist.displayFormat={$artist}", restart ...

... and it shows the value of $composer as artist in VLC ... ???

Now I changed it to "Artist.displayFormat={$date$title^^^-}"

... and it shows the value of $composer as artist in VLC ... ???

I have not found an option that VLC chaches such entries.

I changed it back to the first configuration Artist.displayFormat={$artist$composer^^^ } ... and of course VLC shows ...

... but BubbleUPnP now shows it correct!

Now I tried the Roku Soundbridges ... with minimserver 0.8.5.3 everything is fine, with the 2.1-0600 it's still not working.

So what's wrong here in the installation of the new version???

@simonnc

I will deinstall the actual version of the 2.1-0600 using the packet deinstallation GUI of Synologys DSM 6.x! In the past you told me that minimserver has no own database and everything is handled in RAM, is this also the same in 2.1?
Or are there some files already in the file system?

Why is the version-number at Synologys Packagecenter lower than on your website?

What about the licence, will the new installation on the same NAS be counted as a 2nd possible?

kind regards
Alhifi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: problems with Artist.displayFormat - Alhifi - 03-03-2022 20:21

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)