|
Melco Audiophile NAS
|
|
17-01-2022, 23:58
Post: #695
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: Melco Audiophile NAS
Hi ptcl99
I did purchase two Crucial MX500 SSDs and fitted them into my Melco N1/A The fitting was easy, as was the formatting. Just stuff them in from new and get the Melco to format and set them in Spanned mode. When I first fitted them I fooled myself into thinking they improved things. Certainly more bass, but as I listened I realised that the sound was lifeless. I refitted the original HDDs and much preferred the sound. I swapped backwards and forwards a couple of times. Same result. SSDs now being used as external drives on my Mac! I was surprised to hear so much difference. Having spent all that money my disappointment was certainly not expectation bias! Maybe initially. My Melco is optically coupled to a Melco S100 switch and thence to my Linn streamer. So success may be system dependent. I can confirm that my Melco sounds better using just the LAN socket in Direct mode. Again the difference is not subtle. Donuk beautiful downtown York |
|||
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)

Search
Member List
Calendar
Help



