Post Reply 
Can't open Minimserver
24-01-2021, 11:49
Post: #12
RE: Can't open Minimserver
(23-01-2021 21:41)HardBop Wrote:  
(23-01-2021 21:08)simoncn Wrote:  I was suggesting that you uninstall MinimServer from the PC without reinstalling it. As you are running MinimServer on the Melco, I don't think you need to run MinimServer on the PC as well.

You just need to run MinimWatch on the PC and get this working correctly. For this you will need to update your Windows firewall settings (assuming this is what is causing the "grey icon" problem).
Thanks Simon, I'll give that a go.

Thanks Simon, I think the problem is now resolved.
I uninstalled the version of Minimserver on my PC as advised. (I had forgot the PC version was still installed as I was using Minimserver before purchasing the Melco)
In respect of Minimwatch and starting Minimserver I used the Melco OLED to navigate to Media Server App and then selected Minimserver. This appears to have "kick-started" Minimserver as the icon on the PC turned the usual yellow and then green. Minimserver now appearing on Control Point and music now accessible again.
Thanks again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
Can't open Minimserver - HardBop - 23-01-2021, 17:07
RE: Can't open Minimserver - HardBop - 23-01-2021, 17:52
RE: Can't open Minimserver - HardBop - 23-01-2021, 17:55
RE: Can't open Minimserver - simoncn - 23-01-2021, 18:15
RE: Can't open Minimserver - HardBop - 23-01-2021, 18:35
RE: Can't open Minimserver - HardBop - 23-01-2021, 18:41
RE: Can't open Minimserver - simoncn - 23-01-2021, 18:57
RE: Can't open Minimserver - HardBop - 23-01-2021, 19:03
RE: Can't open Minimserver - simoncn - 23-01-2021, 21:08
RE: Can't open Minimserver - HardBop - 23-01-2021, 21:41
RE: Can't open Minimserver - HardBop - 24-01-2021 11:49
RE: Can't open Minimserver - simoncn - 24-01-2021, 13:25

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)