Post Reply 
Latency using HQPlayer Embedded (hqplayerd)
16-12-2020, 08:53
Post: #1
Latency using HQPlayer Embedded (hqplayerd)
In the last days I installed and tried HQPlayer Embedded on my server.
As it is an Upnp client I could use it as a renderer, Minimserver is the upnp server and Lumïn app the control point (using Bubbleupnpserver for Lumïn app OpenHome compatibility)
Everything works fine, the sound quality from hqplayerd is really fantastic but I faced an unexpected issue with gapless, most of the times there is a lag between tracks and this is unacceptable.
I reported the issue to Jussi Laako ( info@signalyst.com ) and he answered that the issue is due to the delay with which Minimserver/Java provides the tracks to hqplayerd, he himself had the very same issue using Minimserver.
It must be said that I was transcoding Alac and flac files to wave (hqplayerd doesn’t support Alac format) then I removed transcoding but the issue was still there playing flac files.
Is there anything that can be done to solve this issue? ... perhaps you could work with Jussi to deeper analyze this issue.
It may be useful to know that the problem does not exist using mpd / upmpdcl or JRiver configured as dlna client.
Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
Latency using HQPlayer Embedded (hqplayerd) - stefano_mbp - 16-12-2020 08:53

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)