Post Reply 
Sorting selections
09-11-2020, 00:14 (This post was last modified: 09-11-2020 00:16 by haggis999.)
Post: #15
RE: Sorting selections
(08-11-2020 20:37)DavidL Wrote:  This looks complex to me but it obviously meets your particular needs.
I use 'Genre' extensively by defining several extra genres e.g. Classical-early, Classical-baroque etc and Jazz-traditional, Jazz-mainstream etc. My most common search is genre > album where I've edited/split all classical albums to works in the format 'Composer - Work type, work qualifier'. I use the alphabetic listing of albums so I can quickly get to the composer and then scroll to a particular work and performer. So a total of 3 clicks with 2 scrolls to select something to play.

Thanks to the genius of Simon Nash, MinimServer is almost infinitely configurable, so we can all have almost exactly the interface we want. The configuration process is indeed rather complex, but I got there through the help of this excellent forum. Every time I thought of what to me would be a better interface but which I didn't know how to implement, I just posted here and usually got a solution within a couple of days or often within a couple of hours.

BTW, I note that you are also an owner of a Synology DS412+ NAS. I've had a couple of those happily humming away in the dark for several years.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
Sorting selections - RSJ - 04-11-2020, 11:59
RE: Sorting selections - simoncn - 04-11-2020, 18:56
RE: Sorting selections - RSJ - 04-11-2020, 19:09
RE: Sorting selections - simoncn - 04-11-2020, 19:22
RE: Sorting selections - RSJ - 04-11-2020, 19:28
RE: Sorting selections - simoncn - 04-11-2020, 20:48
RE: Sorting selections - haggis999 - 06-11-2020, 18:01
RE: Sorting selections - Alandbush - 07-11-2020, 14:33
RE: Sorting selections - RSJ - 07-11-2020, 15:02
RE: Sorting selections - simbun - 07-11-2020, 17:00
RE: Sorting selections - haggis999 - 08-11-2020, 16:46
RE: Sorting selections - DavidL - 08-11-2020, 20:37
RE: Sorting selections - haggis999 - 09-11-2020 00:14
RE: Sorting selections - RSJ - 08-11-2020, 20:44
RE: Sorting selections - simbun - 08-11-2020, 22:14
RE: Sorting selections - RSJ - 09-11-2020, 17:35
RE: Sorting selections - simoncn - 09-11-2020, 18:09
RE: Sorting selections - haggis999 - 10-11-2020, 11:26
RE: Sorting selections - RSJ - 09-11-2020, 18:30
RE: Sorting selections - simoncn - 10-11-2020, 12:06
RE: Sorting selections - haggis999 - 10-11-2020, 13:54

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)