Post Reply 
Transcoding DSD256 on Melco
19-07-2020, 17:16
Post: #6
RE: Transcoding DSD256 on Melco
I was going to suggest the free Sonore DSD2FLAC utility, but it appears that it tops out at DSD128 on the input side:

http://sonore.us/dsd2flac.html

The other thing I wanted to mention is that I seem to recall reading some time ago on the PS Audio forum that PS Audio DirectStream DAC designer Ted Smith may have a potential future firmware update in the works that would make the DAC capable of decoding DSD256. You might want to do a search for DSD256 on that forum and see if there are any updates on that front.

Melco HA-N1ZH60 Mk1 (MinimServer 2.2) → USB → Luxman D-07X Black Edition Centennial SACD Player/DAC → XLR → Mark Levinson No. 523 → RCA → JL Audio E-Sub e110 (active crossover @ 100 Hz) → RCA → Bryston 4B3 (Cubed) → Magnepan .7
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
Transcoding DSD256 on Melco - PJ4301 - 18-07-2020, 15:57
RE: Transcoding DSD256 on Melco - GreenMtnGringo - 19-07-2020 17:16

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)