Post Reply 
a little GUI proposal
09-05-2020, 09:20
Post: #1
a little GUI proposal
I have a little proposal, about the minimwatch menu, that it displays also:

1) the name of the library (when you have multiple servers, you have multiple icons, and you don't know which one related to which one until you open the full menu, so if you have 5 servers, you need to open up to 5 menus to know which one is which one ;-)

2) the name of the profile in use. To get this information, I must open the configure web page, then click on the profile tab, then put my glasses on because the name of the profile is written in small size font amongst tons of information, so very hard to find.

Point 2 is important, as I use this profile to switch between different renderers, which is useful and frequent.

So both points could be achieved in one click, instead of three clicks plus glasses;

I am aware that most people here do not care about GUI, but as I mentioned in an earlier post, the GUI of minimserver does not respect most contemporary standards; and now that it becomes a commercial product, this should change.

As the best way to design an interface is to codesign it with your customers fan, this is why I will keep on sharing my view about the interface ;-)

Thx !
best
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
a little GUI proposal - lyapounov - 09-05-2020 09:20
RE: a little GUI proposal - simoncn - 09-05-2020, 09:44
RE: a little GUI proposal - simoncn - 09-05-2020, 22:35

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)