Post Reply 
ReScan Interval / MinimServer 2 not catching changes on Melco
26-03-2020, 03:19
Post: #5
RE: ReScan Interval / MinimServer 2 not catching changes on Melco
Hi Simon and thanks for the reply. After upgrading to MinimServer 2, I switched the startupScan setting in my Melco from "false" to "true" because I wanted to "avoid the overhead of reading audio files that haven't changed since the last scan."

I guess my question would be: Which of the following uses less resources and puts less of a strain on the Melco hard drives?:

A. Setting startupScan to "true"; or

B. Setting startupScan to "false" and using MinimWatch's "Rescan" feature?

If the answer is that they are the same, then I would likely switch back to "false" for startupScan.

Thanks.

Melco HA-N1ZH60 Mk1 (MinimServer 2.2) → USB → Luxman D-07X Black Edition Centennial SACD Player/DAC → XLR → Mark Levinson No. 523 → RCA → JL Audio E-Sub e110 (active crossover @ 100 Hz) → RCA → Bryston 4B3 (Cubed) → Magnepan .7
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: ReScan Interval / MinimServer 2 not catching changes on Melco - GreenMtnGringo - 26-03-2020 03:19

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)