|
Auto Rescan package for Synology users (formerly known as Auto Restart package)
|
|
18-11-2019, 13:53
Post: #178
|
|||
|
|||
RE: Auto Rescan package for Synology users (formerly known as Auto Restart package)
(18-11-2019 12:00)SoundAdikt Wrote: It would be feasible to use the web based APIs or the command line to schedule a rescan as a cron job. Not glamorous admittedly but it should work. To be honest, I'm not sure why this is seen by some as an issue. For me, getting content on my server requires some effort: I have to use MP3tag too ensure the files are correctly tagged, including setting Compilation to 1 for such albums. I typically have to search for suitable high-res album art work and then using MP3tag embed into the FLAC files, etc. Then I need to connect to the directories that MinimServer sees via a network share, then initiate the copy. A quick access in MinimWatch to initiate a re-scan is fairly trivial. I would be interested to know how my process differs to others... That is, as near as makes no difference, my workflow as well. So having to rescan manually is not an issue for me. In fact, it is an advantage. Rescanning with the log window open (which is my invariable practice) quickly either confirms that the new files have been indexed satisfactorily or identifies any issues I need to resolve. David |
|||
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Search
Member List
Calendar
Help



