|
Melco Audiophile NAS
|
|
18-09-2018, 05:43
Post: #503
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: Melco Audiophile NAS
My goal is to pair my Melco N1Z with a Chord Qutest Dac, controlling the Melco through an app, while keeping them off the internet and the main router. I understand that it may be possible to do so using two different methods: (1) with a direct CAT cable to a travel router or (2) connect Melco with a CAT cable to a power Ethernet adapter (plug into a receptacle); connect router to another power Ethernet adapter (plus into a receptacle); the two power Ethernet adapters establish protocol themselves through electrical wires.
1. If I were to pursue method 1, can I use a Netgear N300 Wireless router WNR2000v4 (which is what I have)? A major Melco dealer recommends a TP-Link AC750 Travel Router for connecting the Melco to a network music server. Should I get the TP-Link instead? 2. If I pursue method 2, can I use a Zyxel Pass-Thru Ethernet Adapter AV1000 1000 Mbps Powerline 2-port Gigabit 2-Pack? 3. Of the two methods, which is likely to be better in terms of ease of use and SQ? 4. Also, do I need any hardware other than the Melco, Chord Qutest, and connecting device to use a controlling app like Minimserver? I would appreciate your thoughts and guidance in this matter. Please note I am brand new to the world of computer audio and know very little, possibly even less. |
|||
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)

Search
Member List
Calendar
Help



