Post Reply 
More about Special Characters
27-04-2017, 17:37
Post: #8
RE: More about Special Characters
(26-04-2017 09:56)simoncn Wrote:  It is likely that the playlist entries are correct and the issue is with the filenames on the Linux machine. I suggest you take one of the files or folders that doesn't match the playlist entry and run the command

ls -l >~/output.txt

from the containing folder to get the actual characters in the file or folder name. If you attach the output.txt file to a post here, I will take a look.

OK, here are all the errors, along with the line from the playlist which caused the error.
Code:
Error: playlist _Playlists/Blues & Ballads.m3u8: unknown folder for ../Rubén González/Introducing...Rubén González/04 Melodía Del Rio.m4a
../Rubén González/Introducing...Rubén González/04 Melodía Del Rio.m4a
Error: playlist _Playlists/Blues & Ballads.m3u8: unknown folder for ../João Gilberto/João Voz E Violão/05 Desafinado.mp3
../João Gilberto/João Voz E Violão/05 Desafinado.mp3
Error: playlist _Playlists/CoversForBabyBoomers.m3u8: unknown folder for ../Rokia Traoré/Tchamantché/09 The Man I Love.m4a
../Rokia Traoré/Tchamantché/09 The Man I Love.m4a
Error: playlist _Playlists/Herts.m3u8: unknown folder for ../Antônio Carlos Jobim/Antônio Carlos Jobim And Friends/04 Once I Loved.m4a
../Antônio Carlos Jobim/Antônio Carlos Jobim And Friends/04 Once I Loved.m4a
Error: playlist _Playlists/Herts.m3u8: unknown folder for ../Rokia Traoré/Bowmboï/10 Bowmboï.m4a
../Rokia Traoré/Bowmboï/10 Bowmboï.m4a
Error: playlist _Playlists/New2015_16.m3u8: unknown folder for ../Cesária Évora/São Vicente/12 Negue.m4a
../Cesária Évora/São Vicente/12 Negue.m4a

And I am attaching the best output.txt file I could manage. It shows the highest level folders (artist), within which the album folder and track file reside. I couldn't actually open any of them, because I couldn't find a way of typing the special characters into PuTTY which would work.

Investigation much appreciated.
Marmite

Server :: RaspberryPi3B+>Minimserver 2
Control : Android>BubbleUPnP / W11>Upplay / W11>Kazoo / iPhone>Kazoo
Renderer: BubbleUPnP Server>Cambridge Audio CXN V2
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: More about Special Characters - MarmiteSandwich - 27-04-2017 17:37

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)