Post Reply 
MinimStreamer connection to Cambridge StreamMagic problems.
08-02-2017, 19:07
Post: #5
RE: MinimStreamer connection to Cambridge StreamMagic problems.
(08-02-2017 18:26)simoncn Wrote:  
(08-02-2017 16:48)MartinW Wrote:  Simon, apologies the error message reads "0$playlists$*p0$*c0 isn't a valid container" without the gaps. I have now cleared all data (not just the cache) from the Control Point [Cambridge Connect] and rescanned MinimServer. I then attempted to request a BBC Radio station in the Control Point app. and received the same messages as before in both the app. and in the MinimServer error log.

This sounds like a bug in Cambridge Connect. The string 0$playlists$*p0$*c0 is the identifier for a radio stream, which isn't a container. It seems that Cambridge Connect might be incorrectly treating it as a container by invoking a container-specific operation. So that I can check this, please do the following:

1) Restart MinimServer and restart Cambridge Connect
2) In the MinimServer log window, change the logging level to Debug
3) In the log window, click Clear
4) Leave the log window open
5) Attempt to play a radio stream (once only)
6) In the log window, click 'Save as' to save a log file
7) Zip the log file and attach it to a post here
8) In the log window, change the logging level back to Info

Quote:Re your second question if I open my alternative Control Point app. (Bubble Upnp) I can select the BBC Radio station in the app. and it will play quite happily PROVIDED that it is rendered by the app's. host machine - a Nexus 7 tablet. However if I change the renderer in Bubble Upnp to the Stream Magic and press the play button in the app. (whilst watching the MinimServer error log) the MinimServer error log then shows the "HTTPSource: byte-range request could not be satisfied" error and nothing plays on the StreamMagic. I tried this approach just in case it was a quirk of the Cambridge Connect app. that nothing would play. Although the error message is different the result is the same - no music emanating from the Stream Magic!

Hope this reply clarifies the situation.

I hadn't realised that you are only getting the second error when using BubbleUPnP. You might be able to work around this byte-range problem by using *:wav or aac:L16 in the stream.transcode property. If you use aac:L16, you need to add audio information to the stream ID in your playlist, as follows:

#EXTINF:-1,[R3;aac,48000] BBC Radio 3

Thanks, Simon. Zipped Debug log attached. Hope this helps. I would not be surprised if the Cambridge app. were to have a bug, it's gestation has been long and slow and I know of a few quirks to its operation.

By the way I also tried to get radio working by following the MinimRadio instructions and copying the Custom URL into one of the Cambridge Connect app.'s radio presets. No joy there either; I got the "HTTPSource: byte-range request could not be satisfied" error and the Stream Magic hung looking for the URL.

I'll have a play with the Bubble Upnp suggestions you have made to see if I can get it to work.

Thanks for your ongoing help.


Attached File(s)
.zip  MinimServer Debug Log.zip (Size: 865 bytes / Downloads: 1)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: MinimStreamer connection to Cambridge StreamMagic problems. - MartinW - 08-02-2017 19:07

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)