Post Reply 
Sound quality differences between NAS units
03-09-2016, 21:53
Post: #39
RE: Sound quality differences between NAS units
(30-08-2016 14:05)DavidL Wrote:  Martin H and ac16161, following my earlier post I urge you to invest less than $100 (£80) in adding optical isolation to the last ethernet leg of your systems (and please, please do not use USB connectivity to your DACs). I'm sure that this will level the playing field and you find it hard to tell the difference between NAS and server.

You can find a full parts list in this blog by Andrew Everard, which I used to set up my optical isolation:
https://andreweverard.com/2015/06/08/hig...ded-fibre/

David

Just bought a pair of MC200CMs and some fibre cable and at first listen it does indeed bring a very nice improvement.

Thanks David for highlighting Andrew's article.

Next purchase is a linear power supply for the downstream MC200CM. Don't know if this will make any improvement but I don't like switch mode wall warts near the KDSM, Solos etc.

I am using the fibre bridge between my GS108 switch and my Melco N1ZH

** No blind tests were used in the testing **

Peter
________________________________________________________
Linn Klimax DSM O&U & Solos, Wilson Benesch ACT C60s & Torus
Linn Selekt Edition DSM Organik, Wilson Benesch P1.0
Linn Klimax Renew DSM, Chord Mezzo 75, ProAc 1SCs
QNAP 559 ProII, Melco N1ZH, MinimServer, Linn, Lumin & Kazoo
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: Sound quality differences between NAS units - Peter@57m - 03-09-2016 21:53

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)