Post Reply 
Sound quality differences between NAS units
30-08-2016, 14:05
Post: #34
RE: Sound quality differences between NAS units
Martin H and ac16161, following my earlier post I urge you to invest less than $100 (£80) in adding optical isolation to the last ethernet leg of your systems (and please, please do not use USB connectivity to your DACs). I'm sure that this will level the playing field and you find it hard to tell the difference between NAS and server.

You can find a full parts list in this blog by Andrew Everard, which I used to set up my optical isolation:
https://andreweverard.com/2015/06/08/hig...ded-fibre/

David

System: ALAC iTunes library on Synology DS923+ (running MinimServer) > NetGear router > Optical isolation > dCS Network Bridge (controlled by Galaxy Tab S2 tablet running BubbleUPnP&Mosaic) > PS Audio DirectStream DAC > Primare A60 > Harbeth SHL5plus 40th Anniversary model
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: Sound quality differences between NAS units - DavidL - 30-08-2016 14:05

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)