Post Reply 
Differentiating tags that are shown
10-02-2013, 15:17
Post: #2
RE: Differentiating tags that are shown
(10-02-2013 14:17)magister Wrote:  I would like to have a simpler display for non-classical music and a more detailed one for classical. For instance, in non-classical I don't need or want to search on the Composer tag, but I do with classical. I don't think this is possible in MinimServer -- but let me know if I'm wrong!

Some software (MusiCHI and PS Audio's EMM) supports the concept of libraries (one for classical, one for jazz, etc.) which facilitates this sort of thing. It might also be possible to do this based on genre tags; one could have a simple default view and anything tagged "classical" would get composer, sub-genre, group, etc. in addition. The user could specify what tags he/she wants indexed, as now, and also specify that only certain tags were displayed for non-classical albums. Is this something that would be possible and appropriate for a future version of MinimServer?

Thanks - David

I think the only practical way to do this would be to split your collection into multiple libraries and run a separate instance of MinimServer for each library. MinimServer doesn't currently support this, but it might be supported in a future release.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: Differentiating tags that are shown - simoncn - 10-02-2013 15:17

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)