Post Reply 
ripping SACD (I know) with Oppo BDP105 and .. ?
15-05-2016, 15:58
Post: #3
RE: ripping SACD (I know) with Oppo BDP105 and .. ?
(14-05-2016 19:55)n3mmr Wrote:  
(27-02-2016 14:33)lyapounov Wrote:  Hello friends

I am stubborn, and stil searching for a solution to rip SACD without going through PCM nor analogic, using my OPPO BDP105 (no PS3) which does stream DSD on HDMI2

Has someone tried the UltraStudio Mini Recorder by blackMagic design ? I emailed them but did not get any answer yet.

(As I have a Akurate DS, I know it does not play DSD, but I have tried the Minimserver dsf:wav24;176 on some files, which does a very good job !)

Thx


You'd need a sound card with HDMI input, and I have never heard of one.
And I have been looking everywhere for that, for other, but similar reasons.


Actually, an acquaintance of mine is looking into electronics to tap the I2S streams inside an SACD player, and place the data on something like a USB stick or SD card.

First tries seem hopeful!

Ask again a few months out, and I'll see if I have any news.

Note: NO SACD players amenable to such fiddling do dsd direct D/A conversion. So the result will be some form of multichannel LPCM.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: ripping SACD (I know) with Oppo BDP105 and .. ? - n3mmr - 15-05-2016 15:58

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)