Post Reply 
Customized Album Titles ... again, I'm impressed
01-03-2016, 23:47
Post: #3
RE: Customized Album Titles ... again, I'm impressed
(29-01-2016 16:56)krutsch Wrote:  ...

The next step was how to display this in Kazoo/BubbleUPnP? I ended up with this in my tagFormat field:

Album.displayFormat={$album^$#AudioQuality^ [^^$Date^, ^]^^$Comment^ }

Which yields a dynamic album title that looks like this:

Aerosmith [1993 Vic Anesini] [CD 1973] Blu-spec CD 2

...or...

Title [Year Mastering-Engineer] [Format, Release-Year] Physical Media

The title and year, re/mastering engineer are hard-coded into the album title, but the remainder comes from MinimServer. I may revisit this, now that I have this working the way I like it, and embed the mastering string into the comment field.

Anyway, just wanted to share with folks that are looking to extend the data presented by MinimServer in your favorite control point. It's a learning curve, no doubt, but there seems to be no limit on what you can do with this software.

Ran into an issue with the above formatting: for albums that have multiple years, I get every year separated by a carat '^'. Some albums look like this:

The Essential Simon & Garfunkel [CD, 1964^1965^1966^1967^1968...^2003]

without the ellipsis, of course.

I can't figure out to either replace the above with a range (not likely something that is possible, I am guessing) or replace the separator '^' with a comma or a hyphen.

Suggestions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: Customized Album Titles ... again, I'm impressed - krutsch - 01-03-2016 23:47

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)