|
Crazy, convoluted work around for long rescan times from network share?
|
|
07-02-2016, 21:53
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2016 08:07 by simoncn.)
Post: #2
|
|||
|
|||
RE: Crazy, convoluted way to speed up rescan from network share?
(07-02-2016 17:20)tboooe Wrote: I understand that doing a rescan from a network share is no where as fast as from a local drive. In my case, rescanning takes even longer since my network share is accessed wirelessly. Rescanning my 40k song library takes hours. However, I think I have a crazy work around that I would like to ask if its possible. I understand what you are suggesting and it might be possible to make it work if both machines have identical operating systems and file systems. In your situation with different operating systems and file systems on the two machines, I don't think it would be possible to convert one file into the other by using a "find and replace" approach. You could check this for yourself by compariing the file that is written on the QNAP with the file that is written on the Windows PC. If you can find a way to transform the QNAP file so that the result compares byte-for-byte identical to the Windows file, then you would be able to use the approach you are suggesting. |
|||
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
| Messages In This Thread |
|
Crazy, convoluted work around for long rescan times from network share? - tboooe - 07-02-2016, 17:20
RE: Crazy, convoluted way to speed up rescan from network share? - simoncn - 07-02-2016 21:53
|
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Search
Member List
Calendar
Help



