Post Reply 
m3u files for PS Audio Bridge II
20-01-2016, 02:06
Post: #1
m3u files for PS Audio Bridge II
I'm having trouble streaming to my PS Audio DirectStream DAC with
their Bridge II.

Setup: Synology Diskstation 211 running latest DSM software
latest versions of minimserver and minimstreamer

PS Audio Directstream and Bridge II both, I think, also running latest
updates.
Control point is ARCAM Musiclife from an iPhone with IOS 7.

The station in question (ABC ClassicFM) lists both m3u and pls playlists with aac and
mp3 direct urls and I've tried many combinations.

The following m3u file works from my linux machine with
mplayer -ao pulse -playlist classic_fm.m3u

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:99999,ABC ClassicFM
http://live-radio02.mediahubaustralia.com/2FMW/mp3/

I can install this in a directory on the diskstation and run rescan
from minimwatch. It's picked up as a playlist no problems. When I play
it, the counter increments to suggest it's playing but no sound
emerges.

An alternative of

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:99999,[*testclassic] ABC ClassicFM
http://live-radio02.mediahubaustralia.com/2FMW/mp3/

Produces the two entries as suggested in the documentation. Playing
"testclassic" does produce sound so the diskstation can reach the
stream. The sound is hopelessly chopped up, I suspect the transcoding
is too much for the diskstation.

The only other information I can give is that the stock mediaserver on
the diskstation would serve shoutcast streams of the same station to
the Bridge but these have recently disappeared and besides I'd prefer
to use minimserver exclusively if I could.

Does anyone have either a solution or further useful tests?
thanks in advance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
m3u files for PS Audio Bridge II - peter.rayner - 20-01-2016 02:06

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)