Post Reply 
Minimserver readfoldercache operation causing delay in Minimserver startup
24-12-2015, 00:09
Post: #5
RE: Minimserver readfoldercache operation causing delay in Minimserver startup
(23-12-2015 22:55)tboooe Wrote:  I restarted Minimserver and observed the verbose log. Looks like the readfoldercache went quickly. This time, BubbleUPnP identified Minimserver in 2 minutes. I wonder if perhaps the very first time I start Minimserver after my pc has been turned off is causing the delay? I will test this now.

Restarting the PC then starting Minimserver, it takes 6 mins before BubbleUPnP sees MS.

Restarting MS after the PC is already on, it takes 2 mins before BubbleUPnP sees MS.

Looking at the the logs, readfoldercache operation is considerably faster restarting MS versus starting MS after turning on the PC for the first time. I wonder why? I would like to know if it is possible to disable readfoldercache?

You can't disable readFolderCache because MinimServer would not be able to function without having done this cache reading as part of startup.

When you turn on the PC for the first time and start MinimServer, the SSD cache isn't populated. When you do a subsequent restart, the SSD cache is populated. This is probably the reason for the speed improvement on restart.

The simplest solution for this startup delay would be to buy a cheap NAS to run MinimServer and leave MinimServer running 24x7. You could probably reuse your existing disks from the Thecus in the new NAS.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: Minimserver readfoldercache operation causing delay in Minimserver startup - simoncn - 24-12-2015 00:09

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)