|
I'm running latest version of MinimWatch, so why do I get 'Newer version available'?
|
|
23-12-2015, 14:47
Post: #6
|
|||
|
|||
RE: I'm running latest version of MinimWatch
(23-12-2015 00:27)haggis999 Wrote: OK. Will do. The updates are installed with the assistance of a small launcher module within MinimServer and MinimWatch. If this launcher module needs to be updated, installing a new version is the only way to do this. It is sometimes necessary to make changes to MinimServer or MinimWatch that are not completely compatible with previous usage. In such cases, I think it is preferable to release the changes as part of a new version so that people are making an explicit decision to move forward and accept the changes. In the case of MinimServer and MinimWatch 0.8.3, there is a potentially incompatible change. These versions no longer support Java 6, so anyone who is still using Java 6 would need to update Java before installing the 0.8.3 version. It should be very simple and quick to download and install a new version. When I need to do this for testing, it takes about a minute. New versions are normally released once or twice twice a year, so this shouldn't be a very large overhead.
|
|||
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
| Messages In This Thread |
|
I'm running latest version of MinimWatch, so why do I get 'Newer version available'? - haggis999 - 22-12-2015, 17:12
RE: I'm running latest version of MinimWatch - simoncn - 22-12-2015, 18:17
RE: I'm running latest version of MinimWatch, so why do I get 'Newer version available'? - haggis999 - 22-12-2015, 19:12
RE: I'm running latest version of MinimWatch - simoncn - 22-12-2015, 20:22
I'm running latest version of MinimWatch, so why do I get 'Newer version available'? - haggis999 - 23-12-2015, 00:27
RE: I'm running latest version of MinimWatch - simoncn - 23-12-2015 14:47
RE: I'm running latest version of MinimWatch, so why do I get 'Newer version available'? - haggis999 - 23-12-2015, 17:55
RE: I'm running latest version of MinimWatch - simoncn - 23-12-2015, 19:31
|
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Search
Member List
Calendar
Help



