|
GETTING STARTED
|
|
17-12-2015, 11:20
Post: #96
|
|||
|
|||
RE: GETTING STARTED
(17-12-2015 03:53)rockerz Wrote: So I wired the Mac directly to the router this time. I found if I put the iPad to sleep and opened again quickly, it always found the Mac but would often not find the Qnap. I would have to swipe the program closed for it to find the NAS again. Thanks for doing these tests. I don't yet have a full explanation for the test results but it seems the problem might be related to multicast connectivity between the router and the switch. If the Mac is attached to the switch, the multicast messages sent from the Mac via the switch to the router are keeping the multicast connection alive. For some reason, this doesn't happen when only the QNAP and ND5X are connected to the switch. This doesn't explain why things are not working when the switch is eliminated. Does the QNAP have a VPN running? This can cause strange problems with MinimServer discovery. It would be worth trying setting the MinimServer ohnet.subnet property as described in this section. After doing this, reboot the QNAP. This would be the solution if you have a VPN running. |
|||
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Search
Member List
Calendar
Help



