Post Reply 
Running multiple instances MinimServer on QNAP and selectable audio format
26-11-2015, 17:20
Post: #8
RE: Running multiple instances MinimServer on QNAP and selectable audio format
(26-11-2015 13:29)rweten Wrote:  Simon - greetings and I hope you are well?

I assume that the point about not being able to run multiple instances on a QNAP also applies to ReadyNAS devices.

I've read a few threads on here about supporting multiple instances. My requirement is really quite straightforward and I wonder if it might be possible to achieve it without a major development?

My current MinimServer/MinimStreamer set-up is configured to support Linn renderers. The data is stored as FLAC files and I use MinimStreamer to transcode the files to WAV24 as I find this gives the best SQ.

The problem this gives is that I have plenty of other devices wanting to access the server, but unable to use WAV24. For example iPads, Macs, PCs.

I can work around this by putting up a separate physical device (I have an older ReadyNAS kicking around), but that gives me the problem of maintaining the data files between the two. Alternatively I can implement a different server on the main ReadyNAS but this seems a pretty awful approach.

Is there any way I can work with MinimServer to give me a high res and a lower res stream from the NAS?

Thanks,
Richard

There is a good chance that you will be able to do what you want without needing multiple instances. The stream.transcode property allows you to set multiple output stream types. The UPnP control point can choose from these stream types based on what it knows about the capabilities of the renderer. Which UPnP control point(s) are you using to control playback to these other renderers?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: Running multiple instances MinimServer on QNAP and selectable audio format - simoncn - 26-11-2015 17:20

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)