Post Reply 
SystemUpdateID
16-09-2015, 10:44
Post: #1
SystemUpdateID
Would it be possible to add proper eventing to the Content Directory Service of MinimServer?

For example, I have it running on a Synology NAS. If I subscribe to events for both the Synology CDS and MinimServer CDS, when I remove a track I receive an update from the Synology with the new SystemUpdateID state variable.

However, no event is sent by MinimServer. The only way I know something has changed is by navigating through albums and finding the following in the Browse XML

Code:
<item id="0$albums$*a139$*i3935" parentID="0$albums$*a139" restricted="1">
    <dc:title>Modified or deleted item</dc:title>
    <upnp:class>object.item</upnp:class>
  </item>

In an ideal world MinimServer would send ContainerUpdateIDs when a container is changed, but this is optional in the spec so its not a big deal.

The reason I bring this up is a few control points (JRiver for example), will use this to keep their local cache in check.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
SystemUpdateID - squarefrog - 16-09-2015 10:44
RE: SystemUpdateID - simoncn - 17-09-2015, 22:04
RE: SystemUpdateID - squarefrog - 17-09-2015, 22:08
RE: SystemUpdateID - simoncn - 01-10-2015, 22:33

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)