Post Reply 
Upsampling to 176.4/192 and transcoding
28-12-2012, 17:22
Post: #6
RE: Upsampling to 176.4/192 and transcoding
(28-12-2012 16:27)simoncn Wrote:  I'm not convinced that EMI or power issues would affect the sound of the transcoded data. I think any differences are more likely to be caused by transcoding algorithms or by differences in how network packets are transmitted.

Interesting, I would say quite the opposite ;-) The transcoding algorithms should produce absolutely identical result (WAV -> FLAC -> WAV) and TCP makes sure that all packets arrive undamaged and in the correct order.

But EMI and power supply "sags" are unavoidable and measurable if the CPU is highly loaded. E.g. "top" shows 20-40% CPU load difference between WAV and FLAC decoding.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: Upsampling to 176.4/192 and transcoding - Alekz - 28-12-2012 17:22

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)